Saturday, January 7, 2017

Letterpress Planner and Methods

Paper, thinking and writing come hand in hand in planners, notebooks, calendars, journals...  I wrote in an earlier post of the newest wave, the bullet journal, bringing note taking all together. It’s a creative and tidy method to put all your projects, to do lists, sketches, calendar of events into one place rather than having sheets of paper, numerous notebooks or even bookmarked links all over the place. What’s is more, you have more control over what goes into it.
i.e. ABOVE ALL, ME
CUSTOMIZED LETTERPRESS COVER - 
PLANNER
Having said that, I like the digital notebook Evernote and use it too. I find it useful as a medium when I’m researching on line or even shopping to be able to quick reference. I don’t find it useful when my ideas need to be “sketched” out or put into a larger context. This is why, in my opinion, paper is here to stay folks! 

Over the holidays I got to work on a version of a planner all handset in letterpress. I had the bullet journal method in mind but excluded index and logs for various factors. I did include titles suggested by client to then be filled in, colored, sketched, scribbled and such according to one's needs. 
(L) DETAIL COVER WITH INITIALS
(R) BULLET JOURNAL METHOD
USER ELABORATES PAGE DESIGN

MONDAY-SUNDAY OPEN ENDED SYSTEM
WITHOUT SPECIFIC DATES
HANDSET METAL TYPE / LETTERPRESS / HANDPRESSED


SalvaSalvaSalvaSalvaSalvaSalva