Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Turntable Tuesday :: Homestyle Classic Rock-n-Roll

I like clean modern aesthetics in just about everything, but softness to a homestyle environment is essential too. Just as the birds and bees co-exist with hard manmade structures; textures and aromas can add warmth to a space.
LEFT: PHILIP BARLOW FABRIC, KOH-I-NOOR TOOTHBRUSH
RIGHT: STEPHANIE NG LIGHT FIXTURE, ABREEV’S CONCEPT DISH P SUP

Stephanie Ng light fixtures seem to be wearing a knit cap. Makes me want to snuggle up when the cold starts to settle back in.

I love the classic but rock-n-roll feeling to Philip Barlow’s fabric designs. It’s one of those pieces that is subtle and even calm, but with tons to say.

Koh-I-Noor toothbrushes are an under the radar object to add to a bath. Its essentialness and the frequency we handle it is what makes it great. We could all add simple daily pleasures to life.

Living in Italy, I’ve learnt to cook Italian, and had to because eating out can really dig into your pocket book. So needless to say I’m always looking for dinner inspiration or at least some comic relief?  Heard about brothers Palumbo on one of my absolutely favorite podcasts, Dinnerparty Download. Abbrev’s is a fictitious eatery  “...heavily financed concept restaurants. At Abbrevs, we swerved abbreviated versions of food. Each dish is less than a bite, not even a morsel. A minimal nourishment restaurant with a focus on leaving you still hungry - he hope is to create an entirely new dining experience where the “eater” is only somewhat satisfied but thoroughly intrigued.”